Chaulai Saag with Bodi is a dish made using red amaranth leaves, also known as red spinach or Chinese spinach, combined with bodi (also known as lobia or black-eyed peas). The dish is a flavorful and healthy combination of ingredients that are commonly used in Indian and Nepalese cuisine.
Here is a simple recipe for Chaulai Saag with Bodi:
- 2 cups of red amaranth leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of bodi, soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup of water (or as needed)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add the red amaranth leaves and stir well.
- Add the boiled bodi and stir well.
- Add the salt and water and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the dish cook for about 10 minutes or until the leaves are wilted and the bodi is tender.
- Serve the
Leave a Reply