Muthiya is a traditional Indian dish that is made using a variety of ingredients, including Red Amaranth Leaves, also known as “Laal Saag” in Hindi. Muthiya is a steamed dumplings which can be made with veggies or lentils.
Here is a recipe for Red Amaranth Leaves Muthiya:
- 1 cup of red amaranth leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup of wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of rice flour
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gram flour, wheat flour, rice flour, yogurt, garlic, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chopped red amaranth leaves and knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions, and shape them into cylindrical muthiyas.
- Steam the muthiyas for 10-15 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the steamed muthiyas and fry until they are golden brown.
- Serve the Red Amaranth Leaves Muthiya with chutney or yogurt.
Note: Muthiya can be steamed or fried, both ways it will be delicious. You can use different lentils or veggies along with red amaranth leaves to make it more nutritious and delicious.