Latte ko Saag, also known as Chaulai or Laal Saag, is a traditional Nepali dish made using red amaranth leaves, also known as Amaranth leaves. This dish is a staple in Nepalese cuisine and is commonly served with rice or roti.
Here is a simple recipe for Latte ko Saag:
- 2 cups of red amaranth leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of beaten yogurt (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the red amaranth leaves and stir well.
- Add the salt and water, stir well and let it cook for 5 minutes or until the leaves are wilted and the flavors are well combined.
- (Optional) Add beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Serve the Latte ko Saag with rice or roti.
This dish is a delicious and healthy combination of flavors and textures, and it’s a staple of Nepalese cuisine. It is a simple and easy dish to prepare, and it’s perfect for a healthy and flavorful meal.