Red Amaranths, also known as Chaulai ka Saag, is a dish made using red amaranth leaves, also known as red spinach or Chinese spinach. The leaves are cooked with a variety of flavorful ingredients to create a delicious and healthy dish.
Here is a simple recipe for Red Amaranths:
- 2 cups of red amaranth leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup of water (or as needed)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add the red amaranth leaves and stir well.
- Add the salt and water and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the dish cook for about 5 minutes or until the leaves are wilted and tender.
- Remove the lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Serve the Red Amaranths as a side dish or over rice.
This dish is a staple in Indian cuisine, particularly in North India. Red Amaranths (Chaulai ka Saag) is a delicious and healthy dish that is