Andhra Style Tomato Cashew Spicy Curry, also known as Kaju Masala Curry or Tomato Kaju Masala Curry, is a traditional dish from Andhra Pradesh, India. It is a spicy tomato-based curry made with cashew nuts and a blend of Indian spices. The dish is typically served with rice or roti and can be made with various levels of spiciness to suit personal preferences.
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Soak cashew nuts in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, and allow them to crackle.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and the oil starts to separate.
- Drain the soaked cashew nuts and add them to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the cashews are coated with the tomato mixture.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cashews are cooked and tender.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and stir well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the amount of chili powder and other spices to taste. You can also add other ingredients such as paneer or vegetables to make it more rich.
Leave a Reply