Bhindi 65, also known as Bendakaya 65, Okra 65 or Vendakkai 65 is a popular Indian dish. It is a spicy and crispy snack made with okra (bhindi) that is typically served as an appetizer or side dish. It’s a popular street food in South India. The recipe for Bhindi 65 is as follows:
- 1 lb of okra (bhindi), washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 2 tbsp of rice flour
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, corn starch, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, and salt.
- Add enough water to make a thick batter. Mix well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Dip the okra pieces in the batter and deep fry them in hot oil until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the fried okra on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sauce of your choice.
Bhindi 65 is a delicious and easy to make dish that is perfect for any occasion. The okra pieces are coated in a spicy and crispy batter, which makes them a perfect snack or appetizer. It’s a great way to enjoy the okra in a different and delicious way.