Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice, also known as Quick and Easy Jeera Rice, is a simple and flavorful rice dish made with cumin seeds and garlic. The garlic is sautéed until it turns golden brown, giving the rice a unique and robust flavor. Here’s a recipe for making Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- In a pot, add the rice, water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle, add the thinly sliced garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the cooked rice and salt to the pan and mix well.
- Serve hot and Enjoy your homemade Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice.
Note: You can also add other spices like cardamom, cloves, or cinnamon stick to the oil while sautéing the cumin seeds to give the dish a more complex flavor.
Leave a Reply