Kaju Pakodi, also known as Cashew Pakodi, is a popular Indian snack made with cashews, flour, and spices. The recipe for making Kaju Pakodi is as follows:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
- Roughly chop the cashews and keep them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine besan, rice flour, corn flour, red chili powder, ajwain, and salt.
- Slowly add water and mix the dough until it becomes smooth and non-sticky.
- Add the chopped cashews to the dough and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Take small portions of the dough and shape them into small balls.
- Carefully drop the balls into the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Drain the fried pakodis on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
- To make sure the pakodis are crispy, make sure the oil is hot before frying.
- You can also add chopped green chilies to the dough for added heat.
- For extra crispiness, you can add some more rice flour.
- You can also add a tsp of sesame seeds to the dough for added flavor.
Enjoy your delicious Kaju pakodi!
Leave a Reply