- 500 grams boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4-5 green chilies, sliced
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- In a pan, heat oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilies, fenugreek seeds, and turmeric powder. Once the seeds start to crackle, add the sliced onions and green chilies. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté until it is cooked through.
- Add red chili powder, salt, sugar, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Cook the mixture for 10-15 minutes or until the oil starts to separate.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, transfer it to a clean, dry jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- The pickle will be ready to eat in a few days and will last for several months in the refrigerator.
Note: You can adjust the amount of red chili powder and sugar to taste. You can also use boneless leg meat or thighs instead of breast meat. The pickle can be served with rice or roti.
Leave a Reply