Chilli Paneer Gravy is a popular and flavorful dish made with paneer (Indian cottage cheese), vegetables, and a variety of spices. It is a popular dish in Indian-Chinese cuisine and is often served with rice, noodles, or roti. Here is a simple recipe for making Chilli Paneer Gravy:
- 250g Paneer, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the cubed paneer and fry them until they are golden brown and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon oil, add the onion, capsicum, garlic, and ginger and sauté until they are soft.
- Add the soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt, mix well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water to make a slurry and add it to the pan.
- Add the fried paneer and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with green onion stalks and serve hot with rice, noodles, or roti.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the dish by adding more or less red chili sauce as per your preference.
- You can also add some vegetables like carrots
Leave a Reply