Easy Spicy Chicken Curry is a flavorful and popular dish made with chicken, spices, and a tomato-based sauce. It is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in a pressure cooker or on a stovetop. The dish is typically served with rice or roti. Here is a simple recipe for making Easy Spicy Chicken Curry:
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs or breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped onions and sauté until they are translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the chicken pieces and 2 cups of water, mix well.
- If using pressure cooker, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles. If using a pan, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once done, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the curry by adding more or less red chili powder as per your preference.
- You can also add more tomatoes or tomato puree if you prefer a thicker sauce.
- You can also add some vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or potatoes for more nutrition and variety.
- For variation you can also add some yogurt or cream for a richer and creamier sauce.
- You can also adjust the consistency of the curry by adding more or less water as per your preference.