Fish Curry, also known as Andhra Style Chepala Pulusu, is a traditional and flavorful fish dish from the Andhra Pradesh region of India. It is made with fish cooked in a tangy tamarind-based sauce and fish masala powder. This dish is typically served with steamed rice, and it is a perfect dish for fish lovers. Here’s a recipe for making Fish Curry:
- 500g fish (any firm white fish, such as cod or halibut)
- 1 cup tamarind water
- 1/2 cup fish masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, combine fish masala powder with 1/4 cup of water to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilies, and curry leaves. Once they start to splutter, add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the red chili powder and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tamarind water, fish masala paste, and salt. Mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and add the fish to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and