Kaju Curry, also known as Cashew Nut Curry, is a popular North Indian dish made with cashews cooked in a flavorful and fragrant curry sauce. It is often served with rice, chapati, or naan and it’s a perfect dish for any occasion. Here’s a recipe for making Kaju Curry:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, and green cardamoms. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Drain the soaked cashews and add them to the pan. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the water and salt and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cashews are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
Enjoy your homemade Kaju Curry! Note: You can adjust the spices according to your preference.
Leave a Reply