Onion Chapathi, also known as Onion Paratha or Pyaz Ka Paratha, is a popular Indian flatbread made with onions and wheat flour. It is a simple and easy recipe that can be made in a short time.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- Salt to taste
- Oil or ghee for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour, finely chopped onions, and salt. Mix well.
- Add water slowly and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Roll out each ball of dough into a thin disc-shaped paratha.
- Heat a pan or tawa on medium flame and place the paratha on it.
- Cook the paratha for 1-2 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Apply some ghee or oil to the paratha while cooking and press it lightly with a spatula.
- Serve the Onion Chapathi with any curry or pickle.
Note: You can add some cumin seeds, coriander leaves, or red chili powder to the dough for added flavor. Adjust the amount of onions to taste. The dough should be kept moist, so cover the dough with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.
Leave a Reply