Rajgira Amaranth Jaggery Sheera is a traditional Indian sweet made with amaranth flour (rajgira flour), jaggery, ghee, milk, and various flavorful ingredients like cardamom, saffron, and nuts. It is often consumed during festivals and as a healthy alternative to traditional sweets made with sugar. The combination of Amaranth flour and jaggery gives it a unique taste and nutritional value.
Here is a basic recipe for making Rajgira Amaranth Jaggery Sheera Halwa:
- 1 cup Rajgira flour (amaranth flour)
- 1 cup jaggery, grated
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios)
- In a pan, melt ghee and add the Rajgira flour to it. Roast it until it turns golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the grated jaggery and mix well until it melts and blends well with the roasted flour.
- Add milk, cardamom powder and saffron and stir continuously till it forms a thick mixture.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the Sheera reaches the desired consistency.
- Add in chopped mixed nuts and give a quick stir.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down before serving
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the amount of jaggery to your taste. Also, you
Leave a Reply