Rava Adai, also known as Rava Kara Adai Dosa, is a popular and flavorful dish made with semolina flour, also known as sooji or rava, and a variety of lentils and spices. It is a traditional dish from the state of Tamil Nadu, India, and is often served as a main course. It is a variation of the traditional Adai dosa which is made with fermented batter. Here is a simple recipe for making Rava Adai:
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1/4 cup urad dal flour
- 1/4 cup chana dal flour
- 1/4 cup toor dal flour
- 1/4 cup moong dal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the semolina flour, urad dal flour, chana dal flour, toor dal flour, moong dal flour, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, green chilies, onion, cilantro, and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add water as needed and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and non-sticky. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Take a small amount of dough, flatten it and place it on the skillet.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown and then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
- You can adjust the
Leave a Reply