Rayalaseema Special Bendkaya Bajji, also known as Okra Curry, Bendakaya Pullagura, is a traditional Andhra dish made with okra, also known as ladyfingers or bendakaya. The dish is typically made with a spicy masala that gives it a unique flavor. Here’s a recipe for making Rayalaseema Special Bendkaya Bajji:
- 500g Okra/Ladyfingers
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Wash and trim the ends of the okra. Cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and dried red chilies. Once they start to splutter, add the okra and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the okra is tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Enjoy your homemade Rayalaseema Special Bendkaya Bajji! Note: You can adjust the spices according to your preference.
Leave a Reply