Saravana Bhavan Style Rava Kesari is a popular sweet dish from the famous restaurant chain Saravana Bhavan. Rava kesari is a traditional South Indian sweet made with rava (semolina), sugar, and ghee. It is flavored with cardamom powder and saffron, and is often garnished with cashews and raisins. Here is a simple recipe for making Saravana Bhavan Style Rava Kesari:
- 1 cup rava (semolina)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tablespoons cashews and raisins
- In a pan, heat ghee and add rava. Roast the rava on medium heat until it turns golden brown.
- In a separate pan, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add it to the roasted rava and stir continuously.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron strands and cashews and raisins. Mix well.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate and smooth out the surface with a spoon.
- Allow the Rava Kesari to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut the Rava Kesari into desired shapes and serve.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the dish by adding more or less sugar as per your preference.
- You can also add more ghee for more rich flavor.
- You can also add some food color if you like for more vibrant look.
- You can also add some nuts like almonds or pistachios for more flavor and texture.
Leave a Reply