Semolina Kheer (Rava Payasam) Recipe:
- 1/2 cup semolina (rava)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tsp saffron strands (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds for garnish
- In a pan, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the semolina and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Add the milk, water, sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the semolina is cooked and the mixture thickens.
- Add the cardamom powder, raisins, cashew nuts, saffron strands (if using) and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cashew nuts and raisins are plump.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped almonds.
Enjoy your Semolina Kheer (Rava Payasam)! This is a traditional Indian sweet dish that is simple, quick and easy to make. It’s a creamy and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The semolina gives a nice texture to the kheer and the cardamom powder adds a nice aroma and flavor. You can also add some more ingredients like coconut milk or condensed milk to give it a different flavor. This kheer can be served hot or chilled as per your preference.
Leave a Reply