To make Soya Kheema Masala, you will need:
- 1 cup of soya granules
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of urad dal (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of chana dal (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of curry leaves
- 1/2 cup of water
- Cilantro for garnish
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 15 minutes, then squeeze out the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, and curry leaves. Cook until the seeds start to splutter.
- Add onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onion turns translucent.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Cook for a minute.
- Add the soya granules to the pan and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the soya granules are cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with roti or chapathi.
Note: This recipe makes enough for 4-5 servings. You can adjust the amount of water and spices to suit your taste. You can also add other vegetables like peas, carrots, bell peppers to the recipe.
Leave a Reply