Sweet Corn Fritters, also known as Crispy Sweet Corn Onion Pakodi, is a popular snack dish made with sweet corn, onions, and a variety of spices. Here is a recipe for making sweet corn pakoda:
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Oil, for deep-frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet corn kernels, onions, all-purpose flour, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin powder, and salt.
- Gradually add water and mix to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or pan over medium heat.
- Using a spoon or a small cookie scoop, drop small balls of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry the pakodas for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the pakodas on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with your desired chutney or sauce.
You can also add chopped cilantro, green chili, and other spices according to your preference.