Tamil Nadu Special Pepper Kulambu, also known as Miriyala Pulusu, is a popular and flavorful dish from the Tamil Nadu region of India. It is a type of stew made with a combination of tamarind juice, black pepper, and other spices. The dish is known for its tangy and spicy flavor, and it is typically served as a side dish with rice or Indian breads. Here is a recipe for how to make Tamil Nadu Special Pepper Kulambu at home:
- 1/4 cup of tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the black pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the tamarind juice, 2 cups of water, salt and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve as a side dish with rice or Indian breads.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Tamil Nadu Special Pepper Kulambu!
Leave a Reply