Telangana Restaurant Style Chicken Fry, also known as Chicken Roast, is a popular dish from the Telangana region of India that is made with marinated chicken that is sautéed or fried until crispy and golden brown. The dish is known for its bold and spicy flavor, typically made with a blend of spices like chili powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic paste. It is typically served as a starter or as a side dish with rice or roti. Here is a recipe for how to make Telangana Restaurant Style Chicken Fry at home:
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast or thigh, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt and yogurt or lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and toss to coat the chicken evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can also grill or bake the chicken if you prefer.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Telangana Restaurant Style Chicken Fry!