Telangana Red Chicken is a traditional and popular dish from Telangana, India. It is a spicy and flavorful chicken curry that is often served at weddings and special occasions.
- 1 kg chicken (bone-in or boneless), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a pan, heat oil and add the sliced onions. Sauté until they are translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add yogurt to the curry and stir well. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: The amount of red chili powder can be adjusted to taste. You can also add other spices like garam masala or coriander powder for added flavor. The curry gets thicker as it cools.
Leave a Reply