Tomato Dhania Shorba, also known as Tomato Coriander Shorba or Tomato Coriander Soup, is a delicious and flavorful soup made with tomatoes, coriander leaves, and a variety of spices. The dish is typically served as an appetizer, and can also be enjoyed as a standalone soup. The combination of tomatoes and coriander leaves gives the soup its unique flavor and aroma.
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp cream (optional)
- In a pan, heat oil and add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder, and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then blend it to make a smooth puree.
- Return the puree to the pan and add salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and stir well.
- If desired, add butter and cream (if using).
- Serve hot.
Note: Some variations of this recipe call for the addition of red chili powder or paprika for added heat, or you can adjust the amount of spices to your preference. You can also add some chopped cashews or cream for richness.