Vangi Bath Curry, also known as Vaangi Baath Fry or Brinjal Fry, is a popular and flavorful dish made with eggplant (brinjal), rice, and a variety of spices. It is a traditional dish from the state of KarnATAKA, India, and is often served as a main course. Here is a simple recipe for making Vangi Bath Curry:
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 2-3 eggplants (brinjal), diced
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cook rice and chana dal with 4 cups of water until tender.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, and dried red chilies. Wait for them to crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced eggplant, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
- Add the cooked rice and chana dal and mix well until the
Leave a Reply