Aloo Capsicum Curry, also known as Potato Capsicum Curry, is a simple and flavorful dish that combines potatoes and bell peppers in a tomato-based sauce. It is a popular dish in India and is typically served as a side dish with rice or roti.
Here is a recipe for Aloo Capsicum Curry:
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder.
- Sauté for a few seconds, then add the onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they become soft and mushy.
- Add the diced potatoes and capsicum, and stir well.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the curry simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Season the curry with salt to taste.
- Serve the Aloo Capsicum Curry with rice or roti.
Tips for making the perfect Aloo Capsicum Curry:
- Adjust the amount of chilies and spices to your liking.
- You can add some cashews or coconut milk for a creamy texture.
- You can also add some chopped cilantro for