Fruit Rava Kesari, also known as Fruit Rava Kesari or Rava Kesari, is a traditional sweet dish from South India. It is made with semolina, sugar, ghee, and mixed fruit. It’s a simple and delicious dessert that can be enjoyed any time of the day. It can be served hot or cold and usually served during festivals, weddings and special occasions.
Here is a recipe for Fruit Rava Kesari:
- 1 cup rava/semolina
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup mixed fruits (such as cashew nuts, raisins, and chopped apricots)
- 2 cups of water
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice (such as almonds and pistachios)
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium heat and add the rava, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Add the mixed fruits and stir well.
- Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the water, saffron, and cardamom powder to the pan and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped nuts.
- Serve the Fruit Rava Kesari hot or cold, garnished with additional chopped nuts if desired.
Tips for making the perfect Fruit Rava Kesari:
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
- You can also use milk instead of water for a creamier texture.
- You can also add some other fruits like pineapples, bananas, or apples.
- you can use any nuts of your choice, like cashews, almonds, or pistachios.