Healthy Sprouts Poha is a variation of the traditional Indian dish poha, which is made with flattened rice. In this version, sprouts, which are a good source of protein and nutrients, are added to the dish to make it more nutritious. It is a quick and easy dish that can be enjoyed as a breakfast, lunch, or light dinner.
Here is a recipe for Healthy Sprouts Poha:
- 1 cup flattened rice (poha)
- 1 cup sprouted moong beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Soak the flattened rice in water for 10-15 minutes and then drain.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal and curry leaves. Once they start to splutter, add in the ginger, green chilies, and onions.
- Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the sprouted moong beans and sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Add the soaked and drained flattened rice and stir well.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the Poha is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
- Serve the Healthy Sprouts Poha hot.
Tips for making the perfect Healthy Sprouts Poha:
- Adjust the amount of chilies and spices to your liking.
- You can also add some chopped peanuts or cashews for added crunch.
Leave a Reply