Rava Pulihora, also known as Ravva Pulihora, is a traditional South Indian dish made from semolina (rava or ravva) and a variety of tangy and spicy ingredients. It is typically served as a main dish or as a lunch box dish. Here is a recipe to make it:
- 1 cup semolina (rava or ravva)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped curry leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, and chana dal. Let them sizzle.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and sauté until the raw smell of masala goes away.
- Add the semolina (rava or ravva) and roast it until the color changes to light golden brown.
- Add water, tamarind juice, salt, and mix it well.
- Cook it until the semolina is cooked and water is absorbed.
- Add chopped peanuts, curry leaves, and mix it well.
- Serve the Rava Pulihora hot as a main dish.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of red chili powder and tamarind juice as per your taste and preference. And also you can add some chopped onions, green chilies, ginger or coriander leaves to enhance the flavors.
Leave a Reply