Semiya Payasam, also known as Vermicelli Kheer, is a popular Indian sweet dish made with vermicelli, milk, sugar and dry fruits. It is a traditional dessert that is typically served during festivals, celebrations and special occasions.
Here is a basic recipe for Semiya Payasam:
- 1 cup roasted vermicelli
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of ghee
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup of mixed dry fruits (cashews, almonds, and raisins)
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan, add the vermicelli and roast until it becomes golden brown.
- In a separate pan, heat the milk and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the roasted vermicelli, sugar, and cardamom powder.
- Stir well and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the vermicelli is soft and the payasam thickens.
- Add the dry fruits and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a while.
- Serve the Semiya Payasam warm or chilled, garnish with some more dry fruits.
Note: You can adjust the sweetness according to your preference. Also, you can use condensed milk instead of sugar to make it richer.
Leave a Reply