Amaranth (Rajgira) Cake with Apricots & Orange Zest is a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional wheat-based cakes. It is made with amaranth flour (Rajgira atta) and is a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or those looking for a healthier snack option. The addition of apricots and orange zest gives a unique and delicious flavor to the cake.
To make Amaranth (Rajgira) Cake with Apricots & Orange Zest, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups amaranth flour (Rajgira atta)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup yogurt or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the amaranth flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter or coconut oil and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the yogurt or buttermilk. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apricots and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can adjust the sugar according to your preference. You can also add other ingredients like nuts and dried fruits of your choice to make it more delicious. Enjoy your Amaranth (Rajgira) Cake with Apricots & Orange Zest!
Leave a Reply