Potatoes & Rajgira croquettes are a delicious and healthy twist on the traditional croquettes made with wheat flour. These croquettes are made with a combination of mashed potatoes and Rajgira flour (amaranth flour) and can be deep-fried or baked.
- 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup Rajgira flour
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, Rajgira flour, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, amchur powder, salt, and oil. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into croquettes.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Roll each croquette in the breadcrumbs to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the croquettes on medium flame until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
Alternatively, You can also bake the croquettes in the oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
These croquettes can be served as a snack or appetizer with chutneys or yogurt.
Leave a Reply