Ramdana ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet made from ramdana or foxnut seeds, and is commonly consumed during fasting periods. It is a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional sweets made with wheat flour or sugar. It is typically made with roasted ramdana seeds, jaggery and ghee.
To make Ramdana ladoo, you will need:
- 1 cup ramdana (foxnut) seeds
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- In a pan, roast the ramdana seeds over medium heat until they are golden brown and fragrant. Let them cool.
- Grind the roasted ramdana seeds into a fine powder.
- In a pan, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the ramdana powder and grated jaggery and cook until the mixture comes together.
- Remove from heat and add cardamom powder (if using) and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, take small portions of it and roll them into small balls.
- Enjoy your homemade Ramdana Ladoo.
You can add other ingredients like dry fruits, nuts or spices of your choice to make it more delicious. Enjoy your Ramdana Ladoo!
Leave a Reply