Almond Broccoli Soup is a creamy and comforting soup that is easy to make and packed with flavor and nutrition. It is made with broccoli, almonds, onions, garlic, and a variety of spices. It is typically served as a starter or as a light meal. It’s a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of blanched almonds
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- Add the broccoli and sauté for a few minutes.
- Blend the blanched almonds and add it to the pot.
- Pour in the stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove the pot from heat and use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat the soup over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the Almond Broccoli Soup hot, garnished with chopped chives, or roasted almonds.
Note: you can also add other vegetables like carrots, celery, or potatoes to the soup for added nutrition and flavor. You can also use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock for a richer flavor. And you can also add some cream for more creaminess.