Aloo Gajar Matar Sabzi is a traditional Indian dish made with potatoes, carrots, and peas. It is typically spiced with a mixture of cumin, turmeric, ginger, and other spices, and is often served as a side dish with rice or roti. The dish can be prepared with various methods like steaming, boiling or pan-frying, it is a simple yet delicious dish that is enjoyed by many people.
Here is a basic recipe for making Aloo Gajar Matar Sabzi:
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- A handful of chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and fennel seeds (if using) and let them crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until it turns mushy.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the diced potatoes, carrots and peas, and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste preference. Also, you can add some cashews paste or cream to make it more rich and creamy.