Aloo Gajar Sabzi is a traditional Indian dish made with potatoes and carrots. It is typically spiced with a mixture of cumin, turmeric, ginger, and other spices and is often served as a side dish with rice or roti. It is a simple and delicious dish that is enjoyed by many people.
Here is a basic recipe for making Aloo Gajar Sabji:
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A handful of chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, and let them crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until it turns mushy.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the diced potatoes, grated carrots and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste preference. Also, you can add some cashews paste or cream to make it more rich and creamy.
Enjoy your delicious Aloo Gajar Sabji, a perfect combination of flavors and textures.