Aloo Gobhi Gajar Ke Sabzi is a traditional Indian dish made with potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots. It is typically spiced with a mixture of cumin, turmeric, ginger, and other spices, and is often served as a side dish with rice or roti. The dish can be prepared with various methods like steaming, boiling or pan-frying, it is a simple yet delicious dish that is enjoyed by many people.
Here is a basic recipe for making Aloo Gobhi Gajar Ke Sabzi:
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced cauliflower
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A handful of chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, and let them crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until it turns mushy.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the diced potatoes, cauliflower and carrots, and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste preference. Also, you can add some cashews paste or cream to make it more rich and creamy.
You can also add some dry spices like coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder to enhance the taste.