Aloo Methi Matar Gajar ki Sabzi is a dish made with a combination of potatoes (aloo), fenugreek leaves (methi), green peas (matar) and carrots (gajar). This dish is a popular side dish in India, it is usually served with roti, paratha or rice. The dish is made by sautéing the vegetables with spices such as cumin, turmeric, and ginger-garlic paste. The combination of the vegetables and the spices create a unique and delicious taste.
Here is a simple recipe to make Aloo Methi Matar Gajar ki Sabji:
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped methi leaves
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add diced potatoes, methi leaves, green peas, grated carrots to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor.
Leave a Reply