Cabbage, Beetroot, and Carrot Stir Fry is a dish that is made with cabbage, grated beetroot, and grated carrots. It is a simple, yet flavorful dish that can be served as a side dish with rice or roti. This dish is a healthy and colorful dish, as it combines the nutritional benefits of all three vegetables.
Here’s a simple recipe for making Cabbage, Beetroot, and Carrot Stir Fry:
- 2 cups of finely chopped cabbage
- 1 medium-sized beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the grated beetroot, grated carrots, and chopped cabbage to the pan and stir well.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove the pan from heat and serve with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the amount of spices according to your taste preference. And you can add any other vegetable of your choice to make it more nutritious and flavorful.