Carrot & Peas Sabzi is a simple and delicious Indian dish made with carrots and peas. It is typically spiced with a mixture of cumin, turmeric, ginger, and other spices and is often served as a side dish with rice or roti. It is easy to make and can be prepared in various methods like steaming, boiling or pan-frying.
Here is a basic recipe for making Carrot & Peas Sabzi:
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A handful of chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, and let them crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until it turns mushy.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the diced carrots and peas, and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste preference. Also, you can add some cashews paste or cream to make it more rich and creamy. Enjoy your delicious Carrot and Peas Sabzi. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.