Carrot Poppy Seed Chutney is a delicious and flavorful chutney made with carrots, poppy seeds, and Indian spices. Here is a recipe that you can use as a starting point:
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup of grated coconut
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- A pinch of sugar (optional)
- Soak poppy seeds in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add green chilies and sauté for a minute.
- Add grated carrots and sauté until they turn soft and tender.
- Add the soaked poppy seeds, grated coconut, salt and sugar(if using) and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste using a blender, adding water as needed.
- The chutney is ready to be served.
- Enjoy it with samosas, dosa, idli or as a dip for your snack.
You can adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste. You can also dry roast the poppy seeds before use.