Carrot stir fry is a simple and easy dish made by sautéing grated or thinly sliced carrots with spices and other ingredients. This dish can be served as a side dish with rice, roti or any other main course. Here is a simple recipe to make Carrot stir fry:
- 1 lb carrots, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add grated or thinly sliced carrots to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once the carrots are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor. Also, make sure to stir the dish occasionally to avoid sticking and