Coconut Cabbage Carrot Stir Fry is a dish that combines the flavors of shredded cabbage, grated carrot, and coconut. It is a simple and easy dish to make, and it is a healthy and delicious side dish that can be served with rice or roti.
Here is a simple recipe to make Coconut Cabbage Carrot Stir Fry:
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle, add shredded cabbage and grated carrots to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and shredded coconut and sauté it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro. Mix well.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor. Also, make sure to stir the dish occasionally to avoid sticking and burning and also to cook the vegetables evenly.