Cream of broccoli spinach and walnut soup is a delicious and healthy dish that combines the flavors and nutrients of broccoli, spinach, and walnuts. To make this soup, you will need to sauté onions and garlic in a large pot until they are softened. Then, add in chopped broccoli, spinach and some chopped walnuts. Next, add in chicken or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Then, you can puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender. Finally, stir in some heavy cream or sour cream to give it a creamy texture. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. If desired, you can also add some grated Parmesan cheese or croutons on top for added flavor and texture.
Here is a recipe to cook Cream of Broccoli Spinach and Walnut Soup:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese or croutons for garnish
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, spinach, and walnuts and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Pour in the broth, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in the cream or sour cream.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese or croutons if desired.
You can also add some herbs or spices like thyme, parsley or cilantro to add more flavor to the soup. Also, you can use cream or sour cream, or even yogurt as a sour cream substitute to make it more creamy and rich. You can also add some lemon juice or a dash of nutmeg to give the soup a nice tangy and nutty flavor.