Gajar matar paneer sabji is a dish made with grated carrots, green peas, and paneer, which is a type of Indian cottage cheese. It is a delicious and nutritious dish that is often made in Indian households. It is typically cooked with oil, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, and various spices such as turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder. The dish is usually served as a side dish with roti or rice.
Here is a recipe for Gajar matar paneer sabji:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cubed paneer
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add grated carrots and green peas to the pan. Stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the peas are cooked through.
- Add cubed paneer to the pan and gently mix it with the other ingredients.
- If you want to add cream, add it now and stir well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the paneer is heated through.
- Serve the Gajar matar paneer sabji as a side dish with roti or rice.
Note: You can adjust the amount of spices to your taste preference.
Enjoy your Gajar matar paneer sabji!