Gajar Methi Sabzi is a dish made with carrots and fenugreek leaves (methi). This dish is a popular side dish in North India and it is usually served with roti, paratha or rice. The dish is made by sautéing grated carrots and chopped fenugreek leaves with spices such as cumin, turmeric, and ginger-garlic paste. The combination of sweet and slightly bitter taste of the carrots and methi makes it a unique and delicious dish.
Here is a simple recipe to make Gajar Methi Sabzi:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped methi leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add grated carrots, methi leaves to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor.
Leave a Reply