Gazar matar cabbage ki sabji is a dish made with shredded cabbage, green peas and spices. It is a simple and delicious dish that is often made in Indian households. It is typically cooked with oil, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, and various spices such as turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder. The dish is usually served as a side dish with roti or rice.
Here is a recipe for Gazar Matar Cabbage ki sabji:
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add shredded cabbage and green peas to the pan. Stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender and the peas are cooked through.
- Remove the lid and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to let any remaining water evaporate.
- Serve the Gazar Matar Cabbage ki sabji as a side dish with roti or rice.
Note: You can also add some chopped tomatoes and onions along with the cabbage and peas for some added flavor.
Enjoy your Gazar Matar Cabbage ki sabji!