Gobhi, Aloo, or Gajar ki Sabji refers to a dish made with a combination of cauliflower (gobhi), potatoes (aloo) and carrots (gajar). This dish is a popular side dish in India, it is usually served with roti, paratha, or rice. The dish is made by sautéing the vegetables with spices such as cumin, turmeric, and ginger-garlic paste. The combination of the different vegetables creates a unique and delicious taste.
Here is a simple recipe to make Gobhi, Aloo, Gajar ki Sabzi:
- 1 cup diced cauliflower
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add diced cauliflower, potatoes, grated carrots to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor. Also, make sure to stir the dish occasionally to avoid sticking and burning and also to cook the vegetables evenly.