- 2 cups thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Once they start to sizzle, add green chilies and ginger-garlic paste. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add thinly sliced green onions and grated carrots and stir well.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the lid and cook for a few more minutes to let the excess moisture evaporate.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot as a side dish or over rice.
Note: You can add some fresh or dried herbs to give it an additional flavor, like oregano, thyme or parsley.